FIRST Tech Challenge is designed for students in grades 7-12 to compete head to head, using a sports model. Teams are responsible for designing, building, and programming their robots to compete in an alliance format against other teams.... Teams, including coaches, mentors and volunteers, are required to develop strategy and build robots based on sound engineering principles. Awards are given for the competition as well as for community outreach, design, and other real-world accomplishments.
Rohming Robots are a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team based in the Charleston, SC area.
One of the many ways our team is unique is that our team is made up entirely of homeschooled students. We love learning about science and math, and FIRST robotics gives us an amazing opportunity to learn more and demonstrate our knowledge. FTC teams build robots with pieces made of various materials, mainly metal, and use sensors and programs to compete with other students at state and world competitions. We are required to keep an engineering notebook which tracks our project from the first step to the the last as well as documents our discoveries.
- Advanced to the FIRST Championships in Houston two years in a row
- Won the Inspire award at the South Carolina State championship three years in a row
- Won the Think award at the 2018 South Super Regional Championship
- Nominated for the Think award at the 2018 FIRST Houston Championships
What is FIRST Tech Challenge?
1. For a regular donation to our 4-H club, please make checks payable to : Clemson Extension, 4-H Club; Memo line: Rohming Robots
2. If you want to make a gift donation to us and receive a formal tax letter and the option of follow-up reporting by Clemson University Foundation on how your gift is used (Note: 5% of your Gift to Rohming Robots will be deducted from the Club account to cover administrative costs if you choose this option), then please make check payable to: Clemson University Foundation.
Include on the memo line: 4-H Rohming Robots Club
Note: Federal EIN for Clemson University Foundation: 57 - 0426335
Mail checks to: Rohming Robots 1747 Manassas Drive Charleston, SC 29414
Shoot us an email